Why You Need Preventative Maintenance
The number one cause of heating and air conditioning system failures is homeowners not having routine preventative maintenance performed on their equipment. Regular comprehensive maintenance on your system increases efficiency and extends the life of your system, because just like your car, your HVAC system needs preventative maintenance to continue operating in good condition.
An easy way to have this maintenance performed regularly is by becoming a Bunn’s and Bennett Service Program® Member today! Program members automatically receive pre-season check-ups twice a year where your system will be professionally inspected, cleaned, and tuned-up. You’ll also receive benefits like priority service and special discounts.
What We Do
We’ve included a list here to give you insight to what our maintenance plan looks like for Bunn’s and Bennett Service Program® Members: We will…
- provide a customized solution based on your lifestyle and your needs – not a one-size fits all solution.
- go through 25+ checkpoints to ensure your comfort system is performing at peak operation.
- show clearly explained options and costs.
- do the approved work right the first time.
- show you what we have done and test the system with you.
- provide proactive maintenance through our Bunn’s and Bennett Service Program®.
- send you information on sales, rebates, latest trends and new technologies.
- give special pricing for preferred customers on any repairs that might be needed.
- Above all, we will stand behind our work and we will not leave until you are 100 percent satisfied.
What You Can Do
While becoming a Bunn’s and Bennett Service Program® Member provides promise for an efficient and effective system, there are also several things you can do as a homeowner to ensure longevity in the life of your system.
- Make sure you have a clean filter monthly and change it when it’s dirty. Always have several filters on hand.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat. You can save energy by programming the temperature so the system doesn’t run so much while you are away.
- The outside condenser unit coils need to be free of dirt, leaves, grass and whatever else may inhibit proper airflow across the condenser coil.
- Check your air handler or furnace and vacuum for any dust or debris in and around the unit. Dirt can clog the air flow and it can overwork the equipment.
- Vacuum the dust from all the air registers around your house.
- Check vents and make sure they are clear of furniture, rugs, drapery, etc., to let air flow freely.
- Have your HVAC system serviced seasonally: Primarily in the Spring and Fall.
- Do not hesitate to contact us for questions, service or second opinions regarding your a/c and heating needs.
Bunn’s & Bennett is a trusted American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning dealer in Huntsville, AL. Our professional staff can answer any questions you might have, and make recommendations as to which system will work better for your individual situation.